Acura Service Tips: How to Change a Flat Tire
A flat tire is more than just an unwelcome aggravation to your busy schedule. It can easily become overwhelming and even frightening if you’re in a dire situation.
Our Acura service team wants to do everything possible to help ease your mind by offering some helpful tips on how to change your tires.
Tire Changing Tips
- Get your vehicle to a safe, flat space away from traffic. If you can’t safely change your tire by yourself, it’s best to call for assistance. Gather your supplies before you start, including your spare tire, lug wrench, and car jack.
- Loosen the lug nuts on your tire, but don’t remove them completely just yet.
- Jack up your car until your tire is completely off the ground. Then, remove the lug nuts completely and store them in a secure place.
- Remove your flat tire. Fasten on your spare tire and safely secure it with your lug nuts. Once the wheel begins to turn, quit tightening them.
- Lower your vehicle back to the ground carefully. Tighten each of the lug nuts completely.
- Bring your vehicle to our dealership to get an appropriate tire replacement.
Can I Drive on a Spare Tire?
Flat tires are designed to get you from Point A to Point B, but they cannot serve as replacement tires. That’s why it’s important to visit our dealership after you change your flat tire so we can give you a capable replacement.
A flat tire isn’t the only reason your tire needs replaced. All tires have a limited lifespan and will need to be replaced eventually, depending on how well you care for them. You also need to replace your tires if the tread has become bare or they no longer hold air appropriately.
When you are ready for a tire replacement or you need tire service, Hubler Acura is ready to help. Come see us today!